Age skin spots and skin discoloration vs. bright, clear, happy skin
by Silvana Dugandžić-Penavić
As you get older, you might notice brown or black spots appear on your skin. Skin is our largest organ and every think you eat and drink gets reflected in your skin is some way. Being mindful about the foods and drinks that support healthy body is very important. Apart from the diet, your hormones, stress, lifestyle and environmental factors also affect your skin health. I recommend body detox and skin exfoliation frequently, and working with a functional medicine doctor.
Skincare is a very important part of self-care. There are many brands toners, exfoliators cleansers, creams and lotions that provide daily support for your skin. Look for the products with more natural ingredients and apply as instructed.
There are also some home remedies to consider: potato with honey, buttermilk with tomato juice, lemon juice, oatmeal, aloe vera, turmeric powder, and papaya.
- Potato with Honey
* A potato
* 1 teaspoon of honey
- Grate the potato and mix honey with it.
- Apply it to the areas of the dark spots and leave it on for 15 minutes.
- Rinse the affected area with water.
- 4 teaspoons of buttermilk
- 2 teaspoons of tomato juice
- Mix the buttermilk and the tomato juice together.
- Apply to the skin.
- Let this sit on the dark spots for 15 minutes before washing the areas.
- Lemon juice
- Pour it on a cotton ball and rub it on the dark spot for a few minutes.
- Rinse with water.
- 1-2 teaspoons of lemon juice
- Grind half a cup of rolled oats and add the 1-2 teaspoons of lemon juice so that it forms a paste.
- Scrub this paste on your skin.
- Leave it for a 15 minutes and wash it off with warm water.
- Aloe Vera
- Aloe vera juice or gel
- Gently massage the aloe vera gel on the affected area with your fingertips. Do this home remedy up to two times a day.
- Use a clean cloth soaked in warm water to remove the mask.
- Turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon of turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon of lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon of honey
- Mix these three ingredients together until it forms a paste that is not too thick but not too liquid.
- Leave this on for 20 minutes before rinsing with water.
- 1 Papaya
- Use the pulp of the papaya and apply it to the affected areas.
- Leave for 20 minutes before washing it off.
Have a healthy and happy skin!
Disclaimer: Tips and suggestions mentions in this article are for general information purposes only and should not be construed as professional medical advice. If you have any specific questions about any medical matter, please consult your doctor or a professional health care provider.
Leave a comment